Q: What are probiotics?
A: Probiotics are tiny living microorganisms, such as bacteria and yeast, that are similar to the ones naturally found in the soil, and our bodies. They help to balance the good and bad bacteria on our skin and on other surfaces in our environment. By consuming harmful bacteria, probiotics keep our bodies and surfaces healthy and prevent the growth of harmful microorganisms that can cause infections, illnesses and unpleasant odors. By using Prōtëkt® probiotic-based products, we can, together, create a healthier, cleaner, and more sustainable environment for ourselves, our pets, and the planet.
Q: Are Prōtëkt® probiotics safe for my family and pets?
A: Absolutely! Our probiotics are internationally approved for nutritional use and are made from high quality, food-grade, soil-based bacteria. Our laboratory follows strict production processes and meets ISO9001:2008 certification standards, as well as complying with stringent EU regulations that exceed those in the US. The lab also collaborates with accredited labs worldwide to perform thorough safety assessments of their products.
Q: How are the probiotics kept alive?
A: Our formulas contain prebiotics which serve as a source of nutrition for the probiotics and maintain their potency. The probiotics are kept in a suspended state, ensuring a stable shelf-life without the need for refrigeration.
Q: How are Prōtëkt® products different from probiotic supplements?
A: At Prōtëkt®, we offer a range of probiotic products designed for external use, such as on animals, skin, floors, countertops, bedding, air, and other environments. Unlike probiotic supplements made for ingestion for the gut, our products are specifically formulated for external and sinus application, promoting healthy sinuses, skin, surfaces and environments.
Q: Do bleach or chemical disinfectants penetrate and/or kill biofilm?
A: No. Both bleach and chemical disinfectants can reduce the presence of biofilm, but they do not completely eliminate it. Biofilm is a complex structure of microorganisms that are held together by a slimy matrix of extracellular polymeric substances (EPS), and some strains of microorganisms within biofilm can be resistant or build resistance to chemical disinfectants. Additionally, chemical disinfectants can also disrupt the delicate balance of the natural microbiome, leading to the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. As a result, other methods such as physical removal (chiseling/scraping), high heat steaming, or the use of natural microorganisms, such as the probiotics in Prōtëkt®, are necessary to effectively remove biofilm. There are various microorganisms that can effectively remove biofilm, including those found in Prōtëkt® products. These microorganisms have the ability to produce enzymes that break down the matrix components of the biofilm, such as polysaccharides, proteins, and extracellular DNA. The use of microorganisms to remove biofilm is known as bioremediation and is an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional cleaning methods.
Q: Can I use other products, such as my favorite moisturizer, with Prōtëkt® products, or use disinfectants while cleaning with Prōtëkt®?
A: It is always best to let nature work its magic, as chemicals can interfere with this process. If you have established skin or cleaning routines that you do not want to change, we recommend using the chemical product first. Allow it to fully penetrate the skin; or rinse the disinfectant surface, and once dry, apply the Prōtëkt® product.
Q: What is meant by “good” bacteria vs “bad” bacteria?
A: Pathogenic bacteria, referred to as “bad” bacteria, are responsible for causing infections and diseases that make us sick. These microbes have become increasingly resistant to disinfectants and antibiotics. On the other hand, “good” bacteria, such as probiotics, play an important role in countering pathogens. They compete with other microbes for resources and naturally help to keep the growth of harmful bacteria in check. Good bacteria are efficient in breaking down dead organic matter, such as blood and dust mites, and they do not leave behind any harmful or odorous byproducts when their lifecycle ends
Q: What are the advantages to using Prōtëkt® probiotic products over chemical cleaners?
A: Oh, there are so many! So, read through our site, but here are a few of the top reasons:
- Chemical cleaners can be harmful due to their toxicity, causing irritation and unpleasant odors. Prōtëkt® products, on the other hand, are non-toxic and safe for human and animal contact, without the need for protective gear. The fresh scents they leave behind are an added bonus.
- Prōtëkt® products are highly effective! Our formulas offer unparalleled cleanliness down to the microscopic level, outperforming even the best chemical or “green” cleaners. We’re so confident in our products that we offer a 30-day guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied, we’ll pay to take it back and issue you a full refund (terms and conditions apply).
- Disinfectants can contribute to the development of “superbugs,” which are bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens that have developed resistance to chemical disinfectants. This is particularly true for small, non-enveloped viruses such as noroviruses, which are highly resistant to most disinfectants. Resistance is developed in response to a threat from a chemical substance, but microorganisms cannot become resistant to other microorganisms. By using Prōtëkt® products, the risk of creating resistant “superbugs” is eliminated.
- Our products’ sustained probiotics keep working beyond their given use, even keeping your drains and water treatment areas in better flora balance for hours-to-days after you’ve rinsed it all down the drain, making it truly eco-beneficial.
- Our products’ sustained probiotics continue to work beyond their intended use, maintaining a balanced flora in your drains and water treatment areas for hours to days after rinsing. This makes our products truly environmentally friendly.
Q: How do Prōtëkt® probiotic products save me money?
A: Prōtëkt® products work better and for longer periods of time compared to other cleaners, making your cleaning process easier and less frequent. By using our multi-surface cleaner, for example, you can replace multiple cleaners, resulting in significant cost savings. Additionally, our cleaner is highly concentrated, requiring very little usage, with just one 8 oz bottle being equivalent to 45 16-oz bottles of chemical cleaner. This not only saves you a great deal of money, but also reduces your use of multiple plastic bottles, making it a more environmentally friendly option.
Q: What does Kälōs mean?
A: Kälōs is a Greek word chosen to represent all that we believe our product is, provides and projects…
- A quality or combination of qualities that gives pleasure to the senses and is often associated with properties such as harmony, authenticity, and originality.
- One that is beautiful, inside and out.
- The highest form of beauty.
Q: What can I use my Kälōs wand for?
A: The Kälōs Probiotic Misting Wand is designed for inhalation into the nose and throat for the purest protection against allergens and pathogen transfer. On your eyes, face and neck, it can be used to refresh with microscopic protection, hydration, and beautification. It can also be used as a portable hand mister for protection against harmful germs in public places. It’s versatile and can be used safely to mist various public surfaces without leaving any wet residue. The fine nano mist is designed to apply a dry mist that won’t negatively affect what it is being used on, whether a restaurant menu, an ATM keypad, a grocery cart handle or any other public touch spaces. The possibilities are endless and the company encourages customers to share their creative uses for the misting wand.
Our support hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm (Pacific Standard Time). Although we aim to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours, actual response times may vary based on current customer service demand. Rest assured, all questions will be addressed promptly.
If you would like to contact us regarding career opportunities, account-related issues or pre-sales questions, Contact Us. We will respond to you as soon as possible.